This month, the IBPRS-PIB young researchers Nikola Maciejewska, M.Sc. from the Department of Food Quality and Łukasz Woźniak, Ph.D. from the Department of Food Analysis participated, as scholars of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) in the 3-week introductory training which was part of this year’s edition of the European Food Risk Assessment Fellowship Programme (EU-FORA). The training took place at EFSA’s headquarters in Parma, Italy.
The training program included, inter alia:
- Safety regulations
- Basic scientific concepts in food safety
- Basics and principles of food risk assessment
- Introduction to Microbial Risk Assessment (MRA)
- Hazards identification and characterization of pathogens in food and water
- MRA methodology
- Introduction to Chemical Risk Assessment (CRA)
During the training, our young scientists had the opportunity to visit the headquarters of two food producers in the province of Parma: Consorzio Parmigiano Reggiano and Barilla.