Name of the Institute:
Institute of Biotechnology of the Agricultural and Food Industry
National Research Institute – Warsaw
Requirements for candidates:
- Master’s degree or its equivalent in such fields as food technology, biology, chemistry, or related
- Experience in physicochemical analysis methods of compounds’ antioxidant activity. Analysis of the correlation between the molecular structure of compounds and their antioxidant properties
- Very good command of the English language in speech and writing.
- Ability to organize own work and document experimental work.
- Commitment, conscientiousness, and availability to work non-standard hours.
The aim of the project entitled “New derivatives of plant carboxylic acids as active ingredients of biopreparations safe for humans and the environment”, financed by the National Science Center (OPUS 16), is to assess the correlation between the molecular structure of ligands of natural origin, their metal complexes, and their biological activity, especially in terms of antioxidant activity. The results obtained during the implementation of the project assumptions will allow us to expand the existing knowledge on the mechanism of antioxidant processes, which will further facilitate attempts to deactivate excess free radicals in food and the human body, improving food quality and nutritional effects. The implementation of the project will be helpful in the development of new, more efficient, selective, and environmentally friendly antioxidants, derivatives of natural compounds commonly used in food and biotechnology.
The planned scope of research for the scholarship/doctoral student under the project: research on the antioxidant properties of metal complexes with selected ligands, statistical analysis of research results, cooperation with the project leader – Białystok University of Technology, preparation of publications, presentations at conferences/seminars.
Type of NCN call: OPUS-NZ
Deadline for the settlement of the competition: 31 July 2023
Form of submitting offers: email
Conditions of employment:
Project title: “New plant carboxylic acid derivatives as active ingredients of biopreparations that are safe for humans and the environment”
Project implementation site: Institute of Biotechnology of the Agricultural and Food Industry – National Research Institute
Method of remuneration: scholarship agreement
Financing period: 10 months
Remuneration: PLN 3,600/month
- cover letter
- CV with scientific records,
- a copy of a master’s degree diploma,
- letter of recommendation from the previous employer or doctorate supervisor
- consent to the processing of the personal data (signed form in attachment)
For more information about this offer, you can contact dr inż. Renata Choińska by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org