Assistant (post-doc) position
in Prof. Waclaw Dabrowski Institute of Agricultural and Food Biotechnology – State Research Institute
Rakowiecka str. 36, 02-532 Warsaw, Poland
We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled candidates for an assistant/post-doc position in the project (OPUS 20): ”Research into the causes of an increase in the antioxidant properties of natural compounds found in food under the influence of complexation with microelements. Searching for effective antioxidants in food technology” funded by the National Science Centre in Poland (years 2021- 2025).
The project aims to evaluate the correlation between the molecular structure of the ligands of natural origin, their metal complexes, and their biological activity, especially in terms of antioxidant activity. The results obtained during this research will expand the current knowledge on the mechanism of the antioxidative processes, which will further facilitate the trials to deactivate the excess of free radicals in food and the human body, leading to improved quality of food and nutritional effects. Implementing the project will help design new, more efficient selective, and environmentally friendly antioxidants, derivatives of natural compounds commonly used in food and biotechnology.
Within the project, you will be responsible for executing the research project, especially in terms of the study of microbiological, antioxidant, and spectroscopic properties of metal complexes with selected ligands, statistical analysis, publishing research results, collaboration with our consortium partner from Bialystok University of Technology, and co-supervising of Ph.D. students.
- D. degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science and Technology, Biophysics, or similar obtained not earlier than 7 years prior to the planned date of employment in the project,
- experience in working in an international team and realization of scientific project
- scientific achievements in publication in international scientific journals
- ability to work in an independent and self-motivated manner;
- fluent and active in English (spoken and written). Knowledge of other congressional languages will also be appreciated
- a full-time position (min. 40 hours per week) for a period of min. 6 months with the possibility of extension for a longer period of time, up to the end of the project
- salary of 10 000 PLN (brutto brutto)
- location: ul. Rakowiecka 36, 02-532 Warszawa, Poland
- planned starting date: October 2023.
In addition, we offer:
- excellent training opportunities;
- flexible working hours;
- working in a young and highly motivated team;
- participation in national and international conferences
- cover letter
- CV with scientific records,
- copy of PhD diploma,
- letter of recommendation from the previous employer or doctorate supervisor
- consent to the processing of the personal data (signed form in attachment)
Applications will be assessed by a Selection Committee appointed at the request of the Project Manager. The Commission reserves the right to interview only selected candidates. The incomplete applications will be not considered. In the case of the absence of satisfactory offers, the competition may be extended without re-announcing the contest.
For more information about this function, you can contact dr inż. Renata Choińska by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 29 September 2023