Post-doc position in Department of Fruit and Vegetable Products Technology
Prof. Waclaw Dabrowski Institute of Agricultural and Food Biotechnology – State Research Institute
Rakowiecka st. 36, 02-532 Warsaw, Poland
End date: 30 June 2021
We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled candidates for a post-doc position in HO-FOOD project focusing on the application of high pressure carbon dioxide technology for preservation of ready to eat organic fruit and vegetable products.
The research project aims to develop and implement a new mild food process and technology to improve the safety and extend the shelf-life of Ready to Eat (RTE) fresh organic products. Small and medium equipments will be designed, set-up and validated to be used by local organic farms, SMEs and retails to develop innovative wholesome products, to reduce the food waste and support the development of sustainable supply chain. The new process will consist in pressurizing the product inserted in Modified Atmosphere Packaging enriched with CO2 until reaching supercritical conditions to inactivate microorganisms and enzymes present on the surface and responsible of food spoilage. The process will be efficient against foodborne and well as pathogenic microorganisms and will increase the food safety. By using low temperature (< 45°C), sensorial and chemical properties will be preserved, resulting in healthy and palatable food while preserving the phytochemical components of organic foods.
Within the project, you will be responsible for keeping up to date with the current literature, executing the research project and translating the results into publishable scientific research papers, collaboration with our consortium partners from Italy, Turkey and Algeria and co-supervising of PhD students.
For this position we request that the post-doc candidate:
- Has an PhD degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Food Science and Technology or in a similar field;
- works in an independent and self-motivated manner;
- has a keen interest in both fundamental and applied research;
- has excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Has an experience in working in international team
- Has a very good achievements in publication in international scientific journals
- a half-time post-doc position for a period of 2 years with the possibility of extension
- Gross salary €1.150 in half-time (covered by HO-FOOD Project)
- It is possible to get additional funds for salaries from national and international programs.
- accomodation in our Institutional guest rooms (symbolic costs).In addition, we offer:
- excellent training opportunities;
- accomodation in city centre;
- flexible working hours;
- working in young and higly motivated team;
- participation in national and international conferences.
For more information about this function you can contact prof. Krystian Marszałek by e-mail: email@example.com
How to apply?
Please send Your:
– motivation letter
– scientific achievements (list of publications, patents, research projects, conferences, fellowships)
– copy of PhD diploma (after positive verification of Your documents we will ask You for translation by a sworn translator)
– other scientific activities